PND is an exercise-driven training course that will guide you through attacking a real network step by-step, so that you can gain a thorough understanding of a modern attacker’s mind-set and capabilities. We then teach you techniques that will help you to defend your network against attacks of all levels of sophistication, up to and including Advanced Persistent Threats.
How is it different to other courses?
- The course is delivered by experienced security professionals, who perform penetration tests and APT attack simulations on a daily basis.
- We focus on teaching offensive security techniques, so that you can fully understand the capabilities of modern attackers and therefore how to defend against them.
- This is a practical, exercise driven course. We’ve simulated a real network for you to attack, which allows us to teach you the core principles that you could usually gain only through real world experience.
- We teach you how to implement robust security that really works, not just security 101 like configuring firewalls and setting strong passwords.
Who should attend?
This is a technical course aimed mainly at those who are responsible for deploying and managing network infrastructure, but if you’re interested in understanding hacking and security, this is also for you. You won’t need any prior security knowledge, as we cover the basics on the way to advanced topics. You will need to know Unix and Windows basics (setting an IP address, installing software, copying, moving, deleting and reading files) and network fundamentals such as the difference between TCP and UDP, the format of an IP address, subnetting / CIDR notation, and to be familiar with the more common protocols such as ICMP, HTTP, DNS and SNMP.
- You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of how modern attackers can bypass current perimeter security controls and break into an internal network
- You’ll see how it’s possible to gain full control over a fully patched Windows 2012 domain
- You’ll learn about security weaknesses in the common flavours of Unix (Solaris, RedHat, Debian, etc.)
- Most importantly, you’ll learn how to build a secure network that can withstand a targeted attack
Benefits to your organisation
- Helps to ensure that your network is resilient to an attack, against even the most advanced threats
- Reduces the number and severity of the vulnerabilities that are introduced into the network
- Increases your organisation’s overall understanding of security, reducing the time and cost of remediating vulnerabilities
- Stimulates a positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of security within the infrastructure team
Download the Proactive Network Defense Brochure below for the full syllabus