PMD is an exercise-driven training course that uses detailed tutorials to guide you through all the steps necessary to exploit a real Android application, and in the process provide you with an understanding of the modern attacker’s mind-set and capabilities.
This course will cover Android hacking, from the basics of vulnerability hunting on the platform to advanced exploitation techniques. At its conclusion, we will have imparted the information necessary to develop secure and robust applications.
How is it different from other courses?
- The course is delivered by experienced security professionals who frequently perform mobile security assessments and are involved in mobile security research, the development of assessment tools and exploiting Android devices in competitions such as Mobile Pwn2Own.
- We focus on teaching offensive security techniques so that you can fully understand the capabilities of modern attackers and therefore how to defend against them.
- This is a practical, exercise-driven course. We’ve developed a realistic, web-based mobile application with common flaws that allow us to show you how attackers would exploit these vulnerabilities in the real world.
- We teach you how to practically introduce security in your development lifecycle, by combining secure coding principles, design and source code reviews and vulnerability assessment tools, providing a maintainable and scalable approach to secure application development.
Who should attend?
This is a technical course aimed at Android developers; however, it is also suitable for those familiar with the platform and interested in mobile application security. PMD does not require any prior security knowledge in order to benefit fully from the course, as the content covers all of the basics necessary to understand advanced concepts. However, a working knowledge of Android is a prerequisite and it is recommended that you are familiar with the syntax and structure of an Android application, basic internal and external communications as well as accessing resources from an application.
- How to identify, exploit and remediate all the common mobile application security flaws, over and above the OWASP Mobile Top Ten
- How to develop secure mobile applications that can withstand advanced attacks
- How hackers attack mobile applications and Android devices
- The most up to date and effective secure coding practices
Benefits to you and your organisation
- Helps to ensure that your software is resilient to an attack against even the more advanced threats
- Increases levels of trust and reputation when developing for external organisations
- Increases understanding of security, reducing the time and cost of remediating vulnerabilities
- Facilitates a positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of security within the development team
Download the Proactive Mobile Defense Brochure below for the full syllabus