The role of an on-site first responder is critical to the success of any Incident Response investigation.
This course trains your staff to quickly contain an incident and to make appropriate decisions based on the potential severity of the impact to your business. Proficient application of the principles taught in this training significantly reduces the risk associated to a compromise and increases the success of later investigative activity.
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the Incident Response process and the lifespan of an incident.
- You will learn to make critical decisions that will affect the business continuity of your network estate.
- You will learn the technical skills required to support the incident investigation (disk and memory acquisition, network capture and triaging).
- You will understand the process and importance of evidence tracking and handling throughout an incident.
- Introduction to Key Principles
- Incident Response
- Policies and Procedures
- Data Acquisition
- Analysis & Triaging
Benefits to your organization
- Ensure you are prepared to respond effectively to incidents threatening your organization, reducing response times and increasing the ability of your business to survive an attack.
- Maximize the value of an investigation – having first responders who can perform the acquisition tasks allows experienced investigators to conduct analysis and investigate much sooner.
- Reduce the impact of an attack – time is of the essence when there is an active threat actor in your network estate, your first responders can greatly reduce the time during which hostiles remain in control and ensure optimum containment and remediation.
Who should attend?
The training is aimed at IT staff who are on the frontlines defending their systems and responding to attacks.
First responder training does not require any prior knowledge of digital forensics or cyber-security techniques but does require a user-level proficiency with the basics of UNIX/Windows systems and network fundamentals.
Download the Proactive First Response Brochure below for the full syllabus