TROOPERS brings together students, academics, business professionals and top researchers in their field and gives them the opportunity to develop in-depth relationships and to become informed about real life IT-Security topics.
With the TROOPERS high-end education program, people can evolve their skills to help them face and master new threats.
- Two days of high end training and hands on experience
- Two days of multi-track conference
- Round tables to discuss current IT-Security topics
- Socializing with attendees and speakers – TROOPERS is all about building close relationships between IT-Security practitioners of all kinds!
Talk presented by MWR
- Topic: QNX: 99 Problems but a Microkernel ain’t one!
- Speakers: Georgi Geshev & Alex Plaskett
- Description: Cars, Turbines, Safety Critical Systems and consumer devices (phones) all run QNX, however, very little security research has been performed in this area.
This talk will provide an overview of QNX security architecture with Blackberry 10 used as the primary target. We will discuss research on a locked down highly secured OS, the OS attack surface and our method for identifying weaknesses within the QNX OS. We will cover our methods of identifying vulnerabilities from both a reverse engineering perspective and automated fuzzing. This talk will provide a good overview of how the subsystems on QNX communication and how an attacker would attempt to elevate their privileges. We will also talk about some of the weaknesses identified with this on-going research and the challenges faced with exploit development on the platform.